Movies, Casinos, and the Dramatic Explosions when Combined
Gambling has been around for centuries. People all over the world indulge in one kind of gambling or another, as this is one of the most exhilarating pastime activities that you can ever participate in. Due to its popularity, gambling has been discussed at length over the years. Unsurprisingly, it was featured in books, TV shows, various media outlets, and in dozens of movies. Although online gambling is an exciting endeavour that is being discussed in the media, land-based casinos tend to steal the show when it comes to movies.
The mystery, intrigue, and glamour involved in all things casino related create a unique atmosphere of splendour in movies that address this subject, which is why people are interested in them. If you are a big fan of both gambling and the big screen, it is time to take a look at the best casino related movies that graced our screens throughout the years.
Are casinos portrayed as sinister places ruled by mobsters or magical venues where anything is possible? Is gambling being depicted as a fun activity, a sport, or maybe even a practical job? By analysing the movies in which gambling is the main theme, you will be able to have a better understating of the place casinos have in our society. Are you ready to find out more?
Casino Movies You Must Know
- Casino Royal – This James Bond movie is one of the most successful installment in the series, and it has a lot to do with the new Bond and, of course, the theme. As the name might suggest, the movie focuses on gambling, and one of the most thrilling scenes in the movie features an intense poker game that you won’t be able to forget. In this movie, gambling looks like an exhilarating, risky, and breathtaking activity. The movie also presents you with a quite realistic overview of what a professional poker game, and player, should look like, which adds to the quality of the movie.
- The Hangover When watching comedies, you know that you are going to get a fun and unpredictable adventure out of it. The Hangover is no different. When a group of guys visits Vegas for a bachelor party, things are bound to get messy. In this movie, casinos are portrayed as flashy, prestigious venues, where you can win big if you follow the right guidebook.
- Molly’s Game – When a movie is based on a true story, you know that you are going to get a somewhat authentic experience when you watch it. With a bunch of A-lister movie stars bringing the script to life, this movie captured the attention of the masses in no time at all. Molly’s Game is different than other gambling movies, as it focuses on the business side of gambling instead of the games themselves. It gives you a glimpse into the illegal aspect of gambling, filled with darkness, danger, and intrigue.
- Killing them Softly – An illegal card game, sloppy robbers, and intrigue. This movie is packed with action, showing you the dark side of the gambling industry. When you watch this movie, you can’t help but wonder how much of it is real, and whether gambling and crime automatically come hand in hand.
- 21 – A classic movie that you have to watch at some point. When a group of students comes together to learn how to count cards under the guidance of their professor, things are bound to get messy. This movie shows the technical and calculated side of gambling, with some action on the side. The perfect combination of great actors, entertaining plot, and one hell of a card game turns this movie into a must.
Gambling, especially in land-based casinos, is a multifaceted world. You can look at it as a fun activity, as a risky endeavour, or as a dangerous path to take. It is a complex industry that dozens of movies try to describe, which serves to show that there are split opinions regarding this activity in our society.